In-Depth Discussion of Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Cameo 3 is one of the most famous DIY machines which is capable of cutting a varied range of materials. This device offers a large cutting space and it is termed as a versatile cutting device. It can be operated using your smartphone, tablet, and computer. So, this vinyl cutting machine is offering you a lot of scopes to utilize it for diversified purposes. In this article, we are going to discuss the available features, good sides, bad sides, and other important things related to Silhouette Cameo 3 so that the users can easily handle it, get maximum output effectively, and keep it in functioning state for a long run.
Features of Silhouette Cameo 3
This item includes some exclusive features to attract people.
- It is equipped with a built-in
- Additional storage facility.
- Dual carriage for using multiple tool usage.
- Matless cutting capability.
- Access to the Silhouette Design Store.
- Silhouette Studio Software.
- PixScan Technology.
- Barcode scanning feature.
Items Included in the Package
Silhouette Cameo 3 includes a power cable and a USB cable, 12×12 inch cutting mat, Silhouette’s new auto-adjusting blade, a one-month basic subscription to the Silhouette Design Store, vinyl crosscutter, 100 digital design, and blade adjustment tool.
Silhouette includes a built-input blade which assists in automatic adjustment of the blade. AutoBlade makes a perfect cut with the Deep-Cut Blades.
Provision of Additional Storage
Sometimes it requires keeping some tools of the machine with it as they are handy and constantly requires. Silhouette Cameo 3 provides an additional storage facility using which you can store blades and other accessories in the storage compartment. You can access them very easily.
Its dual-carriage feature is provided for multi-tool use. Two tool holders are marked with two different colors. The user can insert the tools like AutoBlade or a sketch pen into the corresponding tool holders. Then the machine can perform two functions in a single cutting job. It is compatible with Print & Cut and PixScan technology.
Silhouette does a meatless cutting during handling vinyl or heat transfer materials. So, you need not worry about setting a mat prior to cutting. This cutting machine can cut materials up to 10 feet in length.
Access to Silhouette Design Store
After purchasing the product, you will get unlimited access to the Silhouette Design Store for one month. In fact, it is a marketplace where you can find ready-made shapes for use. There are more than 100,000 downloadable excellent designs at this place. You have the right to use design as per your necessity after purchase. Customization is also possible for building own personal digital library.
Silhouette Studio software
This is a very powerful and effective design software in the market. It can be used for any cutting system. This excellent software is similar to high-end illustrating software and it is widely used by the Silhouette users. You can customize your project with this software for countless time. With Silhouette Studio you can modify the project as many times as you wish. Moreover, using Silhouette Connect you can design and cut directly from the provided plug-ins.
This is an exclusive feature in the Silhouette cutting machine. It assists in cutting precisely around the printed design and with the help of a scanner or camera, it positions the cut lines in a specific location on the material. Even it can be used with a smartphone or tablet. Its algorithm aids in recognizing specially placed recognition marks on the PixScan cutting mat. This technology performs perfectly with images or hand-drawn sketches equally.
Silhouette Cameo 3 is a versatile DIY machine. With its excellent technology, this machine can cut a lot of materials (more than 100). It cuts not only vinyl but also paper, fabric up to 12 inches wide, cardstock,etc. This machine can register and cut printed materials.
Silhouette Cameo 3 is equipped with Bluetooth connectivity. This equipment can be paired with a smartphone, tablet, and computer wirelessly. So, this device needs less wire and thus it saves space efficiently.
Stippling is an exclusive feature of Silhouette cameo 3. It was available with Curio. You can try a lot of stippling types.
This device offers a 1-year limited warranty to the US and Canadian users. It’s after-sales service is excellent. But some customers complained about the customer service.
Maintenance of Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Cameo 3 is designed in such a way that it requires the least maintenance. But there are some maintenance issues to keep it functioning and increase the durability. Blade and cutting mat require changing if they get damaged.
Troubleshooting Silhouette cameo 3
There are some common issues that can be easily solved with some troubleshooting. You can do it yourself. If Silhouette Studio does not connect to Silhouette cameo 3 then update the software to the latest version. It is expected to solve the problem if not then update the firmware. The entire process takes only a little time. If Cameo 3 is stuck on pause then it can be solved also by updating the firmware.
Pros and Cons of Silhouette cameo 3
- Its auto-blade saves the time of cutting. It also provides precise cutting.
- Bluetooth eliminates the necessity of cords for connection.
- The built-in storage facility offers the scope of storing required materials without adding extra space burden.
- A user-friendly interface enabled touch screen.
- New blade holder technology replaced the obsolete one. It is really innovative.
- A dual carriage brought the freedom of using multi-tools.
- Unlimited access to Silhouette Design Store for one month.
- Matless cutting is possible for some materials.
- PixScan technology assists in precise cutting.
- Versatile coverage of materials.
- Space-efficient smart cutting device. Equipped with Bluetooth.
- AutoBlade is not 100% automatic. You still need to select the material from the preloaded list in the silhouette software, and the blade just “auto” adjusts to those settings.
- It is easy to turn on the Bluetooth on the Cameo 3 but it requires some modification to pair the silhouette software with the new cameo 3.
- The touchscreen menu declares the command with the speakers. But, this speaker is not so durable and may get inactive after a few days use.
- The noise of the machine during the performance is disturbing. So, you need to get away from your TV during the cutting.
Final Words About Silhouette Cameo 3
So, Silhouette Cameo 3 is a versatile universal cutting device that brought a dramatic change in the printing sector. With its latest technology and features Silhouette cameo, 3 took place in the mind of thousands of users around the globe. In the above discussion, every major feature has been discussed. Besides the good sides and bad sides also came to limelight. Actually, Silhouette Cameo 3 is dominating the market with a wide range of material coverage, excellent cutting performance, user-friendliness, warranty, customer service, and design service.
Silhouette Cameo 3 Bundle Reviews
10 best vinyl cutting machines of the present market.