Best Screen Printing Supplies & Best Screen Printing Kits of 2019
Are you looking for Best Screen Printing Kit & screen printing supplies? ScreenPrintingMachine.Net is the right place for you. We are working in this industry and providing information about all kinds of screen printing kit. You will find screen printing supplies buying guides and reviews.
In screen printing procedure, quality screen printing kit and screen printing supplies have a huge demand. Here we try to clear your basic concept of screen printing accessories.
Screen Printing Supplies Near Me
The screen printing machine is not the only thing required in the overall screen printing process. The auxiliary tools required in this process may be collected from the market. Today, you may purchase any screen printing supplies from the web just by ordering the selected product. You will find the required chemicals, customized screens, tapes, sprays, designs, and even software sitting at your home. The thing required is just placing an order and waiting. Today, Amazon is a nice platform to get trustworthy services. There are many other companies like Dynamic Screen Printing Supply who are ready to supply any screen printing supplies at your home. If you order beyond a certain amount you may get the facilities of free shipping too.
What is Screen printing?
Screen printing, or as it also known silk screening is a printing technique which is well matched to surfaces that are relatively flat. The core of the screen print process involves a fine mesh, or screen, which is stretched very tightly around an unyielding frame. If any area of any substance is not printed, the area will be masked out on this screen or mesh. To create the print, the framed screen is positioned over the item to be printed along with a pledge of thick ink.
Screen printing Supplies/ screen printing kit
In the total screen printing process, you will found lots of accessories are needed to complete a screen printing work. These accessories are called a screen printing kit or materials. You should need lots of screen printing supplies/ materials, kits to maintain the whole printing process with a screen printing machine. Here we discuss some of supply among all.
- Screen printing inks: There are two or three major categories of screen printing inks. They are Plastisol Inks, water-based ink and other is Discharge Ink. The good example of Screen Printing Plastisol Inks Is Wilflex Plastisol Inks, Athletic/Polyester Inks, Pantone & Mixing Inks, White Inks, Additives, Process Inks, Special Effects Inks.
Screen Printing Water Based Ink is Allure Galaxy HSA Inks, Green Galaxy HSA Inks, Green Galaxy Fusion Mixing Inks, and Discharge Inks.
Let’s See 3 best Screen printing inks:
1. Speedball Fabric Screenprinting Ink Starter Set
This Speedball Screen printing Ink is fabric screen printing ink and an ideal starter set for screen printing on linen, polyester, blends, cotton, rayon and other synthetic fibers. The Speedball Ink can also be used on paper. With this, cardboard Wash fast when properly heat-set AP Non-Toxic conforms to ASTM D-4237. This Speedball Fabric Screen printing Ink contains no no offensive smell and solvents.
2. Speedball 8-Ounce Fabric Screen Printing Ink, Black (4560)
The Speedball 8-Ounce Fabric Screen Printing Ink, Black is water-soluble screen printing ink and is specially made for printing on paper and textiles. The Speedball 8-Ounce Fabric Screen Printing Ink is perfect for t-shirts. You can easy clean up this ink with soap and water 8 oz. jar of black ink.
3. Opaque Fabric Screen Printing Ink Colour: Gold, Size: 8 oz
- Offers greater coverage and smoother work-ability
- Made for printing on paper and textiles
- Rich, vibrant color is permanent when properly heat set
- Cleans up with soap and water
- 8 oz Opaque Gold ink
Types of Screen Printing Inks:
Screen printing ink is a niche market in terms of its size. Screen printing ink has different uses. In most of the case we see, most of the people use only two or three ink during the printing in garments. Three kinds of screen printing inks are Plastisol Ink, Water Based Ink, and Discharge Ink. In the garments industry, water-based ink and plastisol inks are commonly used for a while. We are describing most utilizable three kinds of printing ink below:
a) Plastisol Ink:
This is most commonly used ink worldwide. The best convenience of this ink is its opacity and ability to sit on screen for long times. It is the most used garment ink in the USA. Its durability, flexibility, and versatility also reason for its popularity. Its high density makes the ink straight up in the garments with no arching. Whenever you will use this kind of ink, for its puffiness, your printing substance looks soft. It also reduces opacity. Moreover, by using this ink you will get a flat glossy finish.
b) Water Based Ink:
Whenever you are looking for the global rank of ink, you will found water-based ink is the most popular ink in the world and obviously outside of the USA. Its saturate the fibers of the garments. In the core dyes, it is resting on the top of the fibers like plastisol. That’s why you will get softer and more solid printing than any other printing ink. Water-based ink has also a low opacity issue. Some manufacturer will claim high opacity but need to check to achieve the best result. You should be careful about dying while using water-based ink. If you use it in very humid environments, you should need the proper heat source. Another thing to consider wisely is that custom color marching is sometimes difficult because of its semitransparent quality.
c) Discharge Ink:
It is varieties of both water-based and plastisol inks. It also works well in both ways. It used whenever the dye used to color in garments and replacing it with the pigmented ink color. It is becoming popular in recent times for its allowing a printer to work on dark garments without the need of under basing. The main convenience of these kinds of ink, it works on only the 100% cotton garments. Another thing is the heavy odor. It discharges a heavy odor that’s why you should use the well-ventilated workspace.
You will get your desire printing solutions if you have proper information about the ink. If you know the benefits and problems of the inks and use according to the possible solution, you will get perfect printing.
Dual cure emulsion is recommended for who are new to screen printing. During the emulsion mixing time, you should ensure a light and safe environment. If you can mix and store it properly it will last up to three months.
5 best emulsions to buy
Lots of brands, lots of emulsions are available in the market. Different kinds of emulsion are made with a different level of value. Here we give a short list of emulsions machine which seems best from all of their competitors.
- a) Speedball Diazo Photo Emulsion Kit
“Speedball’s Diazo Photo Emulsion is ideal for creating photographic stencils for screen printing. When you will use it, you will no need to use a light safe environment or dark room. It conforms to ASTM D-4236.
- Customer Reviews: 3.9 out of 5 stars among 135 customer reviews
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 5 x 6.4 inches
- Item Weight: Each 1 set contain 6.6oz (195ml) Diazo Photo Emulsion; 2.12g Diazo Sensitizer; 8oz (237ml)
- Our Recommend Ratings: 8.8 out of 10
b) Speedball Super Value Fabric Screen Printing Kit
It does not mater whatever you are a beginner or prime crafter. This kit is easy to use for everyone. This is also ideal for a kind of project as clothing to home décor, everything.
- Customer Reviews: 3.9 out of 5 stars among 134 customer reviews
- Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 12.8 x 2.5 inches
- Item Weight: 4.05 Pounds
- Our Recommend Ratings: 9.4 out of 10
c) Jacquard Photo Emulsion & Diazo 8oz
(Click Link to Check Price on Amazon)
By following their instructions, with this product, you will get the perfect screen.
- Customer Reviews: 3.8 out of 5 stars among 156 customer reviews
- Product Dimensions: 2.8 x 3.6 x 3.2 inches
- Item Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Our Recommend Ratings: 8.8 out of 10
d) Aluminum 13″ Emulsion Scoop Coater Tool Silk Screen Printing Press
This is one of the best emulsion and one 16” scoop in the market which is made of aluminum. It includes removable plastic sides which will help you to clean easily. This stays in direct contact with the screen and helps to evenly lay with the emulsion onto the screen.
- Customer Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars among 5 customer reviews
- Product Dimensions: 13″ x 2.8″ x 1.4″
- Item Weight: 3 Pounds
- Our Recommend Ratings: 9.9 out of 10
e) Commercial Bargains Aluminum 14″ Emulsion Scoop Coater Tool Silk Screen Printing Press
(Click Link to Check Price on Amazon)
Commercial Bargains Aluminum 14″ Emulsion Scoop helps to evenly lay emulsion onto the screen.
- Customer Reviews: 3 out of 5 stars among 11 customer reviews
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.8 x 1.4 inches
- Item Weight: 11.4 Ounce
- Our Recommend Ratings: 9.4 out of 10
- Film Positive:
You will also need screen printing film positive and this is one of the tricky procedure especially for the home screen printing machine. Moreover, screen printing gradient images will need to use the RIP software. Whenever you are going to print gradient or full-color images, you should care about using Rip software and other films output options.
There are different ways of making film positives. We make a short description to give you the root concepts.
- Inkjets films: These kinds of inkjet films are most standard in screen printing and especially for inkjet printers. These are produced from clear plastic film bases. You will need to use RIP software to make the printing process decent.
- Laser films: These kinds of films are not so popular because of its controlling hardness. Laser films are made with clear plastic film bases.
- Laser Vellum: Its density is very hard to control. You will be able to control your toner in printer setting. This is also not so popular.
- Thermal Films: Thermals films are made for the thermal printer. It is very expensive than others film positives. Thermal films are made with clear plastic film base.
- Image Setter Film: It is very popular and absolute way to produce film positives. They are also made of plastic film bases. Image setter film is very much expensive film positive. That’s why they are used in only big printing industry.
- Copier Transparencies: Though they are also made by clear plastic film bases, the feedback of these kinds of film positive is not satisfied. Plotter cur vinyl on clear Acetate: These kinds of Film positive are the homemade process. They are made of plotter cut vinyl graphics with clear plastic.
- Aluminum Screen Printing Frames: Screen printing frames are another important tool in the printing process. We are here describing aluminum screen printing frames because they are mostly used in the printing industry. You will find different size in aluminum screen printing frames. You should buy according to your machine size, capacity, and your printing demand. All the size of frame is measured by its outer dimension. Strong but sanded smooth aluminum screen printing frames are well for your printing purpose. Some of the aluminum screens us a mesh thread count between 110 and 156 but for pricing and small garments recommend a low thread count mesh s not above 110.
- Screen Printing Squeegees: Screen printing squeegee contains high-quality polyurethane blade. Lots of manufacturer of this product are in the USA. The squeegees hardness is measured by the durometer. You can determine how much pressure required pushing ink. The higher number of durometer means less number of blades flexes and result is the softer durometer blade. Screen printing squeegees probably the most important elements in backend screen printing process.
- Screen Printing Software and Clipart: Automatic screen printing machines have software installation system to run the machine smoothly. This is one of the important screen printing materials.
Wood Screen Printing Frames: You should need wood screen printing frames and important screen printing materials.
- Screen Cleaning Chemicals and Green Chemical: Who don’t knows that screen printing chemical is very important elements in screen printing process. Green chemicals are the title for which is well four our health and nature.
How to Choose the Right Screen Mesh Size
Information about frame type: There are different kinds of aluminum pre-stretched screens are available in the market. They are available in different size a mesh count. Well, frames are extruded with the highest grade of aluminum. Once a frame welded, it needs to ensure how correct the bonding in frames mesh is. The advantage of the aluminum frame is its durability. It exists long than others. Screen printing frames can be made of wood but wood silk printing frames are not well as aluminum frames. Aluminum frames can be re-stretched several times. By using the professional tool you can easily remove the mesh from the frames. This process will remove easily by don’t hamper your screen mesh. Its lightweight is another important feature to select the aluminum one. Whenever you are thinking screen printing for professional purpose, we only suggest the aluminum one as your cleaning frame.
Information about mesh size: screen printing process may need different sizes mesh for different kinds of application. The size of mesh means the number of threads of the mesh is crossing per square inch. The higher number of the mesh is the indication of the fine threads and holes are on the screen. It is directly relevant to how detailed your image is and how thick the ink you are using.
The dots in the image will fall into the holes in the mesh. It will not give you the correct representation of what about your image. Moreover, if you use a thinner ink, it will flood through the larger holes and soak onto your printing substance. Whenever you are trying to print a thicker into high of a mesh screen it will print through the mesh. When you found the difference in size from different companies, you will also see that mesh count is fairly close. The basic standard sizes of mesh are 110 and 156. They are great for text letters and larger spot color designs. Lower mesh count (40 to 86) is used for shimmer and glitter inks. If you printing substance have large particles you should use 40 to 60 or mesh screen. You will need to use 200 and 300 mesh your printing substance is used for detailed images and thinner inks. Highest mesh as 355, 380 and 400 are used mainly for graphics printing. UV inks which are extremely used in this printing.
Different kind of mesh sizes used for better screen printing and they hold a different amount of emulsion. For example, 60 mesh screens will hold much more emulsion than a 305 mesh screen. You should use it carefully and if the deferent is extreme, you should control your exposure times slightly for different mesh sizes.