How to Use the Circuit Explore Air 2? Purchasing a new circuit explore must be a new dare for any individual. Any individual can be in dilemma about the usage, features, and uniqueness of this model. This model is very divergent from the past few models. Let’s get introduced to this extraordinary version.
The first step will be unboxing the circuit explore air 2. If there is any item that is missing or that is not present currently with the product, the owner must return the product to the store from where it was acquired. Besides, the owner can also contact the circuit support for an expeditious replacement. Though sometimes, if the owner is lucky, some extra items can be added to the product. Well, that’s like more of a bonus for the purchaser. In the whole package, there are many modules that should be present or attached. Such as –
- Instruction manual.
- Circuit cutting mat.
- Cutting blade (pre-installed)
- Circuit Explore Air 2 (if any owner is missing this particular object, the product might be pretty light)
- Power + USB cords
- Silver pen + accessory adapter (This object should be pre-installed)
- Cardstock + vinyl samples (Sometimes we see and hear that this object is being missed in the new products).
There are a variety of kits available. Such as – (Premium Vinyl, Ultimate Kit, Tools Kit, Complete Starter Kit, Vinyl Starter Kit) . That’s why few extra items might be attached to the new product that any individual is purchasing.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN EXPLORE AIR AND EXPLORE AIR 2 :
Many customers are very curious to know about the dissimilarity between the explore air and explore air 2. Though from many perspectives, it seems that all the features and working procedures are the same. But actually, there is a new modification in this new model. If we see the color, then we can see that it bears only three colors ( Mint green, Pastel Pink, and Sky blue ). After that, if we concentrate on the speed of the explore air 2 then it has a 2x fast mode which works with vinyl, iron-on, and cardstock.
INSIDE THE CIRCUIT EXPLORE AIR 2 :
The owner will be really eager to know about the basic features and here it is described thoroughly. But a few of them can be practical. The outline of the product can look like the original explore air but the layout will be the same exactly. Now let’s know about the detailed sketch.
- TOOL CUP –It is like more of a holding object that can hold pens, scissors, and many more things.
- ACCESSORY CLAMP A – This is where the accessory adapter is pre-installed and we can insert a pen for drawing instead of cutting. It’s also useful for holding scoring blades.
- BLADE CLAMP B – The blade is mostly pre-installed and if we need to replace it or remove bits of vinyl, we have to look at it.
- ACCESSORY STORAGE APARTMENTS – In addition to the tool cup, the Explore Air 2 has two storage compartments. The smaller compartment on the left mainly holds additional blade housings, blades, and the accessory adapter. It features a magnetic strip to keep replacement blades safe and free from rolling around and the larger compartment is great for storing longer tools or for pens.
- SMART SET DIAL –For using this the owner needs to rotate the dial to select the material that the individual will be It is pretty sure that the feeling will be great to turn and it will indicate which material should be cut with 2x fast mode.
- CUTTING MAT -This is going to be how we load most material into our Circuit machine. It’s sticky on one side for holding our material securely in place.
A BRIEF NOTE ON THE ACCESSORY AND BLADE CLAMPS :
Suppose if an owner feels that he needs to remove the blade or accessory clamp, then the individual just needs to pull and open the lever and pull out the metal housing. The blade sits on the inside actually and there’s a tiny plunger on the top. The owner can press down on this to reveal the blade which is magnetically held out. If the individual ever needs to replace the blade, they just need to pull it out and drop another one in. If anyone wants to use a pen, it is necessary to open accessory clamp A, drop it down in and then close the clamp.
CONNECTING THE MACHINE WITH PC/IPAD/MAC :
Even though the Circuit Explore Air 2 can be used wirelessly but it will be simplification if we start by setting it up with the USB cable. At the start, we need to place it on a surface with at least 10″ available behind it as the cutting mat will move back and forth inside of the machine.
Few steps are mentioned below :
- The owner needs to plug the machine in, connecting the power adapter and then the USB cable.
- After that, it is a must to turn on the Explore Air 2 machine as well as the computer that is being used.
- The circuit website should be visited and a user account should be registered and then we need to download the most recent plugin software.
- It is necessary to run the installer and visit design.cricut.com.
- For more, we need to click the menu icon in the top left corner and select New Machine Setup. After that the owner will be guided through the installation process, very first project, and a thank you card.
ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES :
The cutting mat is the most important accessory it ensures to load of most material into the machine. It’s sticky on one side so that the material is held securely in place while it’s being cut, scored, or inked. There are three basic mat types. Each one is used for a different set of materials. Such as – Light grip blue which will contain(construction paper, light card, stock printer + scrapbook paper, vellum). Standard Grip green which will contain(regular + embossed cardstock ,heat transfer (iron-on) + regular vinyl , window clings ,vinyl) . Strong Grip purple which will contain (backed fabric, chipboard, corrugated cardboard, leather + suede, foam, magnetic material, poster board, wood ) .
This is a bundle of useful tools that you can purchase directly from the Circuit. It includes:
- Tweezers-These are reverse-grip which means to squeeze the handle to open and release to close. Super useful for holding projects together as they dry and a million other tiny functions.
- Scraper- Essential for working with vinyl and cleaning the cutting mat.
- Spatula- To carefully lift material off of the cutting mat.
If anyone does not have these tools already, it is highly recommended either purchasing the bundle from Circuit or buying a Circuit Explore Air 2 bundle which contains them.
CIRCUIT ACCESS :
Circuit Access is a premium subscription service offered by the circuit. Depending on the plan that is chosen the owner will be given unlimited (but temporary) access to fonts, designs, or even a 10% discount on all purchases from cricut.com. Circuit Access could definitely be worth it if the owner finds himself buying a lot of items in the Circuit Design Space store.
The Explore Air 2 features Bluetooth out of the box so it will work with the computer wirelessly, iPhone. If the individual needs help to pair it with the computer, Circuit has a great page that covers Windows/Mac/IOS/Android devices.
TRICKS AND TRIPS:
- If anyone wants to use Design Space with basically any image. They need to check out Circuit’s step-by-step instructions.
- For images to use, it is a must to put together an awesome collection of free SVG images that can be
- A test cut first should be made on a small amount of material. It takes an extra minute but it can save so much money if the owner has settings calibrated incorrectly or if the blade is gunky.
- Anyone can use the Explore Air 2 without an internet connection if it is paired with an IOS (iPhone/IPAD) or Android device.