The emulsion is one kind of light-sensitive element that works to block the ink on the screen. It is challenging to burn the image with emulsion while you print tons of t-shirts. Most of the screen printing machine users make mistake to apply emulsion correctly. To get high-quality screen printing, a printer must need to apply emulsion properly and evenly. If he fails to do so, it will be the cause of your failure in quality screen printing design.
Screen printers should follow some basic guidelines to applying emulsion to avoid their failure in screen printing. In a tight mesh, the negative of the image needs to burn evenly. The meshes should be stretched in between the screen or frame.
Before going into the application of emulsion, let’s see why you have to apply emulsion properly. Due to improper using of the emulsion, Break down and pin holes happen. It increases the headache of many screen printing machine users. In the case of a huge amount of orders and under pressure for the deadline, it brings more frustration for the screen printers. An unwise work is to go to create the new screen as it takes the time to create the new one.
How to solve the problems of applying emulsion on the screen? Don’t worry. In ongoing screen printing process, a very important element for the screen printing press users is applying the emulsion. The steps below to apply the emulsion correctly can help you to create a unique photographic design on the screen printing machine.
- At first, you have to select right kind of ink for the right screen.
- Then you need to make you sure that the screen which is used for printing is stretched tight. A good consistency and a quality are ensured for the tight tension of the screen.
- After that, you have to mix the emulsion two hours before applying it and for giving time 2 hour, it will prevent creating the air bubble. The air bubble may create pinholes problem.
- Green or other degreasers can be used if it is needed.
- The screen must need completely drying before coating it and you can use sharp scoop coater.
Be careful about coating. While you coating, keep facing scoop coater the t-shirt. The go for the side. Finally, you have to dry up the screen from the side down. When fully dry is completed, you start printing t-shirts on the t-shirt printing machine. Appling emulsion these ways can make you printing press successful.
Emulsion prevents to print the ink blocked area and it makes a clear line and crisp. To create a proper design, the proper application of the emulsion is important.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.