Beginners Guide for the Best Manual Screen Printing Machine
Are you searching to buy the best manual screen printing machine for your small business or screen printing workshop? There are many factors to consider before starting your custom screen printing business with the manual screen printing machine or automatic screen printing press. These include the number of colors in designing, the size of the order, how quickly you have to complete the order, and whether you plan to repeat the same design.
If you research screen printers of custom apparel (screen printing companies), you will get two types of screen printers, manual screen printers, and automatic screen printers. So, what’s the best choice for your custom screen printing business?
The manual screen printing press has various stations and colors, from single to twelve. But most professionals like to select 4 to 8-color silkscreen printing machines to start a non-commercial or home-based screen printing business. It would help if you started your first screen printing business with a manual press. So, you have to choose a manual press that fully fills your screen printing demand. Beginners or newbie screen printers should start with the manual screen printing press to gain the skill to grow their business to a good position and bring their latent talent into the sector.
The key facts below help you to get the best manual screen printing press.
Key Facts Of Choosing the Best Manual Screen Printing Machine
How can you get the best manual screen printing press as you are a newbie in the sector or you need more ideas about the screen printing press? For a newly born screen printing shop or the screen printing business, the screen printers should look forward to buying a manual screen printing press with a good working capability and micro registration system. First, you must identify your requirements to choose the right manual screen printing press for your shop. What’s the best way to narrow your options to get the best manual machine? Let’s get into answering a few questions.
What would be the screen size of the print area?
You may need a different size print area to print oversized full fronts or extra large prints. You may find a manual screen printing machine with the handle of 25″ to 36″ screens that can print up to 20″ x 30″ print area.
How many colors do you require?
Now a day, screen printing needs more colors. If you are on a reasonable budget, you can buy a 6-color, 6-station, or 8-color manual screen printing press.
What size manual press can you accommodate?
Accommodation isn’t less important for buying the manual press. Make sure you have enough space in your shop for the manual machine, apparel boxes, job cart, flashes, and other necessary screen printing supplies and equipment.
Features for the manual screen printing machine
After looking at the essential requirement, you must compare and look into the key features of the manual screen printing machine that meet your need and the most bang for your buck.
- Up to 3-way (front/back, left/right, and rotational) fully functional, professional gauge, micro registration
- Sidebar screen clamps to facilitate press registration and virtually eliminate frame/mesh stress.
- If you prefer back/rear clamps, some manufacturers will offer them instead, or even a combination of side and rear clamps.
- All heads down at no extra charge will allow you to print on multiple heads simultaneously, given the same number of print heads and stations. Even on a 6/4, you can print on two heads simultaneously.
- Full-size (16″ x 22″) rubber-coated aluminum pallets cover most t-shirt/sweatshirt needs. The rubber coating allows for quick cleanup and helps prevent pallets from overheating.
- It had Ideal rotational weight without sacrificing strength. Often the claim of “built like a tank” only increases the operator’s muscle fatigue and reduces production.
- Compression-style adjustable tension springs that will not break. Other styles of springs are susceptible to breakage and possible injury.
Justify the Work Ability of Manual Screen Printing Press
It would help if you looked forward to buying a manual screen printing press that has well-working capability and isn’t physically unfit as the printer man manages manual press needs. A screen printer man has to do the entire job of pulling and pushing the squeegee. The carousel rotates, the lit print head, etc., with hand. If your order is large, he has to work all day long. That’s why, before buying a manual screen printing press, you have to think about a screen printer that can justify the workability of the press. He must be solid and smooth enough to rotate the carousel easily.
Space for the Manual Screen Printing Press
As a beginner, you may start with a few screen printers to start your business with limited space, like your garage or home. In this case, you have to think first about the area for the manual press you will buy. It doesn’t require extra equipment like the air compressor or chiller to provide power (I do not include the particular kind of presses).
When you are ready to start your small business with a layout, you have to think about the operator of the press. Around the press, keep a comfortable space for running the press nicely. You must keep your manual screen printing press, conveyor dryer, and exposure unit.
There are various types of manual screen printing presses according to their stations and colors. A 1-color 1-station tabletop manual (screen printing) press takes small space. Anyone who wants to go for a large setup for professional printing must think larger area. You can choose a 6-colors 6-stations screen printing machine according to your professional budget. It is wise to run a 4-color press if the 6-color is complex for you and remains open for one or two stations. As almost maximum designs in screen printing are less than 4-color, the 4-color 4-station silk screen printing press is the best alternative instead of the 6-color press.
Things to Checkout Before Buying the Manual Screen Printing Machine
Though the manual screen printing press looks simple, sometimes it differs due to its specific models. While buying a piece of equipment, it is a good idea to check out the models and features they offer the brand. It would help if you also compared the following key while looking for the best manual screen printing press.
- Micro registration
- All Heads down
- Off Contact
- Spring Tension lit
Check if the pallets are suitable for all kinds of printing, like child or umbrella sizes. That will allow you to handle any order you get.
Check whether the clamps have screened on the sides of its back. Is it preferable to you the type that you want or match and mix? Does the manual screen printing machine have the option of pneumatic screen clamps?
Micro registration gives you the opportunity for multi-color design. Make sure that your press is precise with micro roll.
All Heads down
Make sure all the print heads of your machine can be down. It will let you print all plates at once. It also increases your production capacity as multiple people can work on the press.
The vertical distance from the screen and printing layer is known as off-contact. Make sure the manual screen printing press has off contact. You have to keep different spaces for different printing materials.
Spring Tension Lit of the Manual Screen Printing Press
Screen tension is a vital agent in the printing industry. Check your press has this tension, as it helps to lift the head of the screen printing press smoothly and efficiently.
Let’s See two of the Best Manual Screen Printing presses.
- 6 Color 6 Station Double Wheel Screen Printing Machine T-shirt Heavy Duty DIY
This 6-colors 6 station manual (screen printing) press, the best t-shirt printing machine, is easy to operate and works well. It has adjustable spring devices which can easily move up and down according to the weight and sizes of the screens. This manual press gives you the security against improper spring intensity to keep away from squeegees expelling and
The weight of the press is a little bit high, but it guarantees screen unfixing and ink are splashing in higher intensity because of the importance of squeegees and screen frames in loose power. The manual screen printing press height is about 35 inches(90cm), and it is a micro-registration screen printer.
- It is cumbersome and made of steel.
- The frame of the press can rotate 360 degrees.
- The platens also can turn in 360 degrees.
- The machine can adjust in 8 inches(20 cm) as it has an M16 supporting leg.
- The press is suitable for those operators whose height is 1.6 m to 1.8 m
- Need much room for height adjustment
- The price is a bit high for the beginner.
Recent Buyers Reviews for the 6 Color 6 Station Double Wheel Manual Screen Printing Machine
2. Double Rotary Manual 6-6 Colors Silk Screen Printing Press Machine Printer T-shirt Heavy Duty DIY
This Manual 6-6 Colors Silk Screen Printing Press is a new type of manual t-shirt printing press, and it would be the best choice for colorful printing. Compared with the original t-shirt heavy-duty DIY printer, this t-shirt Heavy Duty DIY machine has a micro-registration function. New design metal stand can adjust with the height from 28″-35″. To create precise color matching, you can use those small red handles to move the screen frame right or left slightly.
- This Manual 6-6 Colors Silk Screen Printing Press is a table type.
- The design of the press is combinatorial, and it saves place.
- And convenient for transportation.
- Adjustable double-spring devices are available with the press and are usable for different weight screen frames.
- Max frame size capacity: 16″x20″(40cmx50cm)
- The screen clamp (can be) moved up and down,
- Suitable for screen frame within 1.2″ (3cm) thickness.
- All-metal construction,
- advanced electrostatic spraying and electroplating,
- It’s durable, easy to clean, and has no rust.
- Platen size:45*55cm(18*22inch)
- Machine size: 190*190*110cm/74*74*43inch
- Net weight:152kg/334lb
- Gross weight: 162kg/335lb
- Packaged in 5 cartons 1# 75Lb (34kg) 38”x38”x7” (96x96x17cm), 2# 68Lb (31kg) 22”x22”x14” (57x57x34cm), 3# 64Lb (29kg) 22”x22”x10” (64x55x26cm), 4# 57Lb (26kg) 24”x20”x10.2” (61x51x26cm), 5# 70Lb (32kg) 26”x17”x16” (66x42x41cm)
6 Color 6 Station Double Wheel Manual Screen Printing Machine T-shirt Heavy Duty DIY
Read the 10-best screen printing machine reviews and buying guides.
That is suitable for tiny businesses and smaller printing production. Unless your business is large, you shouldn’t use the automatic press.
Manual Screen Printing Machine VS Automatic Screen Printing Machine
An automatic screen printing machine requires ample space, and it is costlier. Manual screen printing press saves both money and space. A manual press doesn’t require electricity and an air supply. But the manual screen printing machine having a particular configuration like pneumatic screen clamps requires air supply and electricity.
After printing a (number of) quality artwork with your manual equipment, your small business can achieve the trust of your clients. You can take a lot of orders, and you can increase the number of presses. Gradually, your business will transfer to a good position. Thus you can print a massive amount of artwork with solid printing with your manual screen printing press. You can start using the automatic screen printing press as your business grows. You can make buying manual equipment easier as it is within your budget and the right tool for your business.
I hope you understand why you should go for the manual printing press and what (is) required for your model. The central theme is finding the perfect manual printing press within your budget and meeting your current demand. When your business goes up, you can buy an automatic printing machine.