Silk screen printing machine: If you have ever heard about screen printing, then you must be eager to know about the silkscreen printing. Screen printing is the method by which stenciled graphics or designs are printed on flat surfaces using a screen printing machine. In the process of silkscreen printing, a silkscreen printing machine is used.
Silkscreen printing is similar to other screen printing methods. However, there are some differences like the presence of silkscreen, stencils formation, etc. In this article, we will focus on the silkscreen machine.
The silkscreen printing machine
To get the best results in screen printing, you must have useful tools to work. The same is with silkscreen printing. Before you perform silkscreen printing, you must know about the silkscreen printing machine, and it’s equipment. Below we deal about the material of a silk screen printing machine.
The printing press
A printing press is present in almost all the screen printing machines. With the help of a printing press, the silkscreen is kept adjusted between the prints. This helps to get a sound output in less period. The printing is also possible without a printing press, but using it increases the efficiency of the Silkscreen printing machine. When using a printing press, you will also find that removing printed clothes becomes easier.
The silkscreen machine press is available in three forms; manual, semiautomatic, and automatic. The manual screen printing press is the type of printing press that needs human effort to operate. This printing press is used by most of the beginners as it is cheaper, and you get fewer orders in the beginning.
Another type of printing press is the semiautomatic screen printing press. The semiautomatic printing press is self operable, and there is no need for manual effort in its operation. However, to remove the items that are printed, manual effort is required that makes it semiautomatic. The last type is an automatic screen printing press. The whole work is done automatically in this printing press, and there is no requirement of any manual effort.
Silkscreen Printing Machine ink
The ink is the principal-agent required to transfer the design from the stencils to the items that are to be printed. The ink is available are varieties of colors producing unique effects depending on the models.
The use of ink in the silk screen printing machine depends on the design to be printed. The use of good quality of ink in the silkscreen printing machine ensures excellent quality and long-lasting printed t-shirts.
The screen of the Silkscreen Printing Machine
The screen in the silkscreen printing machine is one of the most valuable parts of the device. In the past, the silkscreen was made with the help of silk fibers. But for more convenience, since the past few years, the silkscreen is formed by polyesters.
The silkscreen is the metallic or wooden frame that remains adjusted in between the prints by the help of the printing press. The thickness of the screen depends upon the surface that is to be printed.
The scraper or the squeegee present in the silkscreen machine is a blade made of rubber that remains in contact with a metallic or woody handle. The squeegee helps to transfer the ink to the surface that is to be printed.
The size of the squeegee is chosen according to the size of the silk screen’s frame used. This provides better coverage in the printing.
At the end of the printing process, now the screen needs to be washed so as to make it clean and ready for another task. For this purpose, there is the presence of a washing station in the silk screen printing machine.
The extent of washing depends upon the machine and the level of work performed. In other words, a bigger machine that has executed a significant amount of work may need individual washing and cleaning.
Related Articles About Silk Screen Printing Machine:
- Ridgeyard 4 Color 1 Station Silk Screen Printing Machine Screen Printing Press T-Shirt printing Machine
- A Complete Guide to Use Silk Screen Printing Machine Effectively
- Superland Screen Printing Machine 4 Color Silk Screen Printing Machine 1 Station DIY Shirt Equipment
- Superland Screen Printing Machine 4 Color Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Station Adjustable Devices Press Printer DIY Shirt Equipment (4 color 4 station)
- Happybuy Silk Screen Printing Machine Adjustable Double Spring Device(4 Color 1 Station)
- Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Color 4 Station Screen Printing Presses DIY T-Shirt
- Happybuy Screen Printing Machine Press 4 Color 1 Station Silk Screen Printing Machine Adjustable Double Spring Devices
- Simple Single 1 Color 1 Station T-shirt Silk Screen Printing Machine NS101
- DeEtt Silk Screen Printing Machine Adjustable Devices DIY T-Shirt Printing Machine (4 Color 1 Station)
- Superland Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Color Screen Press Printer DIY T-Shirt Printing Equipment
- Maxwolf Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Color 2 Station Double Spring T-shirt Press DIY
- BestEquip Screen Printing Machine for T-shirt DIY Silk Screen Removable Pallet (1 Station 4 Color)