Different types of silk-screen printing, depending on the aim and the printing process used. Among them, we can find serigraphy for the graphic design sector.
For using the silk-screen printing technique, different materials are used. The printing frame is created, or the design is printed.
Silk screen printing machine: If you have ever heard about screen printing, you must be eager to know about silk-screen printing. Screen printing is the method by which stenciled graphics or designs are printed on flat surfaces using a screen printing machine. A silk-screen printing machine is used in the process of silk-screen printing.
Silk-screen printing is similar to other screen printing methods. However, there are some differences, like the presence of silk-screen, stencil formations, etc. In this article, we will focus on the silk-screen machine.
The silk-screen printing machine
To get the best results in screen printing, you must have helpful tools. The same is with silk-screen printing. Before you perform silk-screen printing, you must know about the silk-screen printing machine and its equipment. Below we deal with the material of a silk screen printing machine.
The printing press
A printing press is present in almost all screen printing machines. With the help of a printing press, the silk screen is kept adjusted between the prints. That helps to get a sound output in less period. Printing is also possible without a printing press, but using it increases the efficiency of the Silkscreen printing machine. When using a printing press, you will also find that removing printed clothes becomes easier.
The silk-screen machine press is available in manual, semiautomatic, and automatic. The manual screen printing press is the type of printing press that needs human effort to operate. Most beginners use this printing press as it is cheaper, and you get fewer orders in the beginning.
Another type of printing press is the semiautomatic screen printing press. The semiautomatic printing press is self-operable, and there is no need for manual effort. However, manual action is required to remove the printed items, making them semiautomatic. The last type is an automatic screen printing press. The whole work is done automatically in this printing press, and no manual effort is required.
Silkscreen Printing Machine ink
The ink is the principal agent required to transfer the design from the stencils to printed items. The link is available in are varieties of colors producing unique effects depending on the models.
The ink in the silk screen printing machine depends on the design to be printed. Good ink in the silk-screen printing machine ensures excellent quality and long-lasting printed t-shirts.
The screen of the Silkscreen Printing Machine
The screen in the silk screen printing machine is one of the most valuable parts of the device. In the past, silk-screen was made with the help of silk fibers. But for convenience, silk-screen have been formed by polyesters in the past few years.
The silk-screen is the metallic or wooden frame that remains adjusted between the prints with the help of the printing press. The thickness of the screen depends upon the surface printed.
The scraper or the squeegee in the silk-screen machine is a blade made of rubber that remains in contact with a metallic or woody handle. The squeegee helps to transfer the ink to the surface that is printed.
The squeegee size is chosen according to the size of the silk screen’s frame. That provides better coverage in the printing.
At the end of the printing process, the screen must be washed to make it clean and ready for another task. For this purpose, there is a washing station in the silk screen printing machine.
The washing depends upon the machine and the level of work performed. In other words, a giant machine that has executed much work may need individual washing and cleaning.
Related Articles About Silk Screen Printing Machine:
- Ridgeyard 4 Color 1 Station Silk Screen Printing Machine Screen Printing Press T-Shirt Printing Machine
- A Complete Guide to Using Silk Screen Printing Machine Effectively
- Superland Screen Printing Machine 4 Color Silk Screen Printing Machine 1 Station DIY Shirt Equipment
- Superland Screen Printing Machine 4 Color Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Station Adjustable Devices Press Printer DIY Shirt Equipment (4 colors 4 station)
- Happybuy Silk Screen Printing Machine Adjustable Double Spring Device(4 Color 1 Station)
- Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Color 4 Station Screen Printing Presses DIY T-Shirt
- Happybuy Screen Printing Machine Press 4 Color 1 Station Silk Screen Printing Machine Adjustable Double Spring Devices
- Simple Single 1 Color 1 Station T-shirt Silk Screen Printing Machine NS101
- DeEtt Silk Screen Printing Machine Adjustable Devices DIY T-Shirt Printing Machine (4 Color 1 Station)
- Superland Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Color Screen Press Printer DIY T-Shirt Printing Equipment
- Maxwolf Silk Screen Printing Machine 4 Color 2 Station Double Spring T-shirt Press DIY
- BestEquip Screen Printing Machine for T-shirt DIY Silk Screen Removable Pallet (1 Station 4 Color)